About the retreat
The Metta Retreat® is a unique retreat combining ancient wisdom with current science by bringing together two of the most powerful foundational practices known for their profound healing, transformational and positive impact on our psychology, emotions, health and well being.
Our retreat combines the latest research in the field of human psychology, health and well being with mindfulness and self-compassion based practices.
Research has shown that self-compassion increases self-esteem, heals emotional trauma and significantly enhances emotional health and wellbeing, in addition to reducing anxiety, stress, and harmful emotional states such as anger, guilt, shame, self-criticism and depression.
This experiential retreat is grounded in mindfulness and self-compassion integrating practical guidance with psychology, mind-body medicine with current evidence based understanding and knowledge.
The retreat is intended to help in pragmatic, practical ways, facilitate you in realising and accessing our existing inner resilience and understanding.
What will I learn?
- The Metta Workshop is grounded in the practice of mindfulness
- Learn how to cultivate mindfulness and its application in everyday life
- Learn to recognise harmful emotional states
- Discover and experience the true nature of self-compassion
- Learn how to handle difficult emotions with stability and ease
- Transform self-criticism into self- motivation and self-encouragement
- Transform difficult relationships, both with yourself and other
- Introduction to theory and research behind self-compassion and mindfulness
The evidence-based retreat activities and learning practices will help you:
- Reduce, manage and eliminate harmful psycho-emotional states such as stress, anxiety, fear and anger (all known to impact immunity)
- Discover the depth of mindfulness in everyday practice
- Apply mindfulness and compassion in everyday life
- Learn to cultivate specific “super emotions” to strengthened and improve your immune system
- Equip yourself with effective practical skills to help others
The retreat includes all home cooked vegetarian food.
Who is it for?
- Everyone who wishes to bring peace and health into their life
- For therapists and other health professionals
- For anyone suffering from chronic illnesses such as depression, diabetes, hypertension and CHD
Who will be running the retreats?
The retreat will be lead by Davinder Singh Panesar (Dav Panesar): Mindfulness & Symran researcher, teacher and instructor.
Davinder holds degrees in science, business and consciousness studies and transpersonal psychology.
His expertise, experience and ongoing research in mind-body integrative approaches to health, well being and even business have proved to be highly successful and recognised across many parts of the world.
His scientific education combined with practical experience in mindfulness for over 20 years enables him to introduce Eastern meditative and contemplative approaches integrated within the Western psychology and mind-body medicine.
He has successfully developed and delivered numerous programs integrating mindfulness & compassion based approaches for charities, general public and the corporate world.
About the retreat
This retreat is strictly limited to 8 participants. The cost of this retreat is £350 per person which includes accommodation (shared room basis), training, full-board, including dinner on the Friday evening, through to lunch on the Sunday (all vegetarian, regional food).
You will need to make your own way to the venue which is set in the national trust countryside in Shropshire. Parking available and collection from Church Stretton train station can be arranged.
On this exclusive retreat, we are able to offers a number of additional therapies including:
- Chinese medicine
- Energetic healing
Upon booking your place on this unique transformative retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your desire to take advantage of the other therapies on offer for more information and prices.