About the retreat
This exclusive residential weekend is designed to offer an experiential introduction to mindfulness meditation and its application in cultivating mental health, well being and self-development. This retreat will be delivered by internationally renowned pioneer and researcher of mindfulness-based interventions since 1994, Dav Panesar.
The retreat will explore mindfulness meditation, models of our mind, its activities and ways to cultivate present moment awareness in everyday life.
This engaging and transformational experience offers an opportunity to learn with experienced teachers, allowing yourself some time out, learning to “switch off” and experience inner peace, emotional contentment and both a physical and mental rejuvenation. This retreat creates conditions in which to discover your authentic, expanded and connected sense of self, away from the noise of a busy world.
This retreat is suitable for both beginners and those wishing to expand on their mindfulness meditation experiance. The weekend is paced with brief talks on mindfulness, mind-breath-body connection, models of mind incorporating both Eastern and Western psychologies, mind-body science with practical experiential sessions of guided sitting meditation practices, mindfulness of breath, body and sound. The schedule incorporates mindful movement based activities such as Chi-Kung (similar to Tai Chi – slow mindful movement – Wild Goose style) as well as nature walks integrating guide practice in cultivating awareness with self and nature. There will be time for group discussions, meditation, help on how to develop your own practice and integrating awareness based approaches to everyday life.
The weekend will be providing delicious seasonal, vegetarian meals.
What makes this mindfulness retreat unique and different from others?
By ensuring our retreats are only delivered by those teachers who not only have at least 10 years of experience in mindfulness, but also thorough knowledge and understanding of Eastern and western models of the mind, transpersonal psychology and self development.
This retreat has been designed and facilitated by one of the leading pioneers in mindfulness based interventions in health, well being and self development, with over 20 years experience in teaching mindfulness across the world.
This retreat is designed for those who wish to:
- Begin or advance their journey of self discovery towards purpose, power and creative expression
- Experience, learn and practice guided transformational activities that develop presence, expand awareness and connectedness to others leading to a sense of ‘wholeness’ and a more meaningful life experience.
- Learn quick practices to diminish the habitual automatic psychological patterns which will subsequently lead to reduced stress and anxiety levels, while also minimizing its physiological damage on your body’s health and immunity.
- Understand and learn how to dissolve emotional turbulence and bring yourself back to state of balance and poise
- Experience a cleansing of your body, emotions and mind, creating the inspiration for positive change by learning to live in a healthier way.
- Learn how to apply simple principles to access your own inner teacher and wisdom to guide you in everyday life
Testimonials from previous retreat
I found out this weekend that I haven’t been breathing properly for years… I wish I had come sooner!
– Diane Cotton, Tunbridge Wells
I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, I am now ready to start living the rest of my life, Thank you!
– Anonymous, Leeds
About the retreat
This retreat is strictly limited to 6 participants.
The cost of this retreat is £300 per person which includes accommodation (shared room basis), training,
full-board, including dinner on the Friday evening, through to lunch
on the Sunday (all vegetarian, regional food).
You will need to make your own way to the venue which is set in the national trust countryside in Shropshire. Parking available and collection from Church Stretton train station can be arranged.
On this exclusive retreat, we are able to offers a number of additional therapies including:
- Chinese medicine
- Energetic healing
Upon booking your place on this unique transformative retreat, please email email@example.com indicating your desire to take advantage of the other therapies on offer for more information and prices.