Module 3 dates: 05/06/2012, 25/06/2012 or
This course builds on the foundations made in the first part of the Mindfulness based emotion management for diabetes course. This second part will go one step beyond understanding how emotions and negative mental states can cause ill-health. It will teach an individual how to cultivate healthy mind states and experience “super” emotions to improve physical health and mental wellbeing.
This integrated mindfulness based course is founded on recent evidence showing how mindfulness, guided meditation and physical mind-body practices, can enable an individual to cultivate ‘super’ emotions which have positive impact on physiology, emotional and mental health. Compassion for example could be regarded as a super emotion as it has been found to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Just like super foods which have been shown to improve immunity and protect the body, so super emotions can enhance mental and emotional wellbeing and subsequently physical health.
This course will include:
- Mindfulness exercises, guided meditation and physical mind-body activities including yoga, tai chi and qi gong that will promote the develop an individual’s inner ‘mind/body’ resources for compassion, acceptance and positive states of mind
- Evidence based techniques will be used to understand how emotions such as contentment, acceptance, compassion and self-kindness can all cultivate physical and emotional health.
This integrated mindfulness course is different to other mindfulness courses as:
- It is based wholly on the significance of the mind-body interaction in cultivating healthy mindsets and subsequent physical and mental wellbeing.
- The techniques and practices taught in this mindfulness course are based on extensive research and a 2000 year understanding of the power of awareness, meditation and self-acceptance.
- The course is specifically designed to address the unique mindsets aroused by a diagnosis of diabetes. The healthy emotional and mental states that will be cultivated will have a direct impact on diabetes management and overall health and wellbeing.
“Diabetes management with Mindfulness DMM” – courses
designed by D S Panesar and associates in partnership with
Diabetes.co.uk – All rights reserved (2010-2012)